Advantages of Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP)
Most of the people in our society are not aware of FRP (Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic), but very soon everybody will be aware of it as the focus has been shifted towards it and conventional glass and plastic soon be a thing of the past.
FRP is a fiber reinforced polymer made from a plastic mold that is reinforced by fine glass fibers. It is very light and extremely strong material and its abilities have been matched to those of carbon fiber.
FRP is used for different purposes. Some of them are as follow :
- It is lighter than the comparable volume of steel or aluminium and even the cheapest fiberglass is less dense
- Extensively used to build the main framework for tanks, pipes, vessels, boats, tube and also grating
- Corrosion resistance of fiberglass with gelcoat finish makes it deal for using outdoors
- Can be moulded to any shape which makes it easier for you to change the weight of a product without making a new mould
- It does not change shape even when it is ruptured as compared to other metals
- Fiberglass products require less maintenance
- Apart from being loss lasting, FRP maintains its temperature and reduces the heating and cooling costs. It is perfect for places where the temperature fluctuates
- FRP does not conduct electricity in contrast to alloys and metals. It is essential for the safety of the people working in the power industry
For further details and inquiry, you are welcome email to firstname.lastname@example.org